are abundant in Gozo, serving a fairly wide range of dishes including
pasta, seafood, meat and salads. Many have tables al fresco and
can get quite busy during August nights.
Be sure to try one on the many tasty local dishes
available on the island.
Cost of meals:
Allow about LM8 per person, including wine. For the occasional snack,
most local bars serve 'Pastizzi' - flaky pastry parcels filled with
ricotta cheese or peas and 'Hobz biz-zejt' - a small, freshly baked
bap with tomatoes, olives and capers.
Malta lira (Lm)
Exchange rate: €1 = Lm0.43 or 1Lm = €2.33
• Budget meal: Lm2 - Lm4
• Moderate restaurant: Lm4 - Lm10
• Top-end restaurant: Lm10 and upwards
• Budget apartment or hostel lodging per night : Lm8 - Lm12
• Moderate hotel lodging per room peer night : Lm16 - Lm25
• Top-end lodging per Hotel room per night: Lm40 and upwards
• Villa Lodging in Malta and Gozo: From Lm30 upward for a
3 bedroom Villa with private pool - usually accommodating 7 to 10
By European standards, eating out in Gozo is very
good value. You can travel in comfort and style for Lm16 - Lm32
per day, a simple restaurant meal, a decent street-side snack and
enough cold drinks to keep you going.
For a list of Restaurants and Pizzeria's in Gozo